Founded in 2001, Structured Technologies offers managed I.T. services, telecommunications services, connectivity, and consulting for the mid-Michigan area and beyond — frankly, we help businesses stay connected. We are looking for a I.T. Service Technician (Level 1).
Think you are interested? GREAT it’s your lucky day: we’re looking for an I.T. Service Technician (Level 1) for our team.
I.T. Service Technician (Level 1)
The I.T. Service Technician (Level 1) is responsible for ensuring continuity of computer system services for computer users. This position will be required to provide the technical expertise, assistance, and support necessary to install computer software products, modify/repair hardware and resolve technical problems for our clients. This includes to all technology, including workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. You’ll be in charge of accurately documenting all work performed in a timely manner in our ticket system.
Does this sound like you? That is AWESOME!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Provide and maintain an exceptional level of service by interacting with clients in a polite and professional manner
- Perform “frontline” call support duty while ensuring that all issues are properly documented and assigned in a technical support ticketing system (ConnectWise Manage)
- Manage, track and provide solutions to reported issues
- Will seek supervisor direction and guidance as needed
- Repair hardware/software issues as necessary
- Install/support/maintain selected software and hardware products
- Perform root cause analysis then document findings for use in knowledge base
- Work closely with outside service providers to ensure continuity of service
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in information technology
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time
- Actively participate and contribute in team and company meetings
- This position will also require the successful candidate to work overtime as needed and have “on-call” availability for all periods assigned by the Service Desk Coordinator. Additionally, regular attendance and arriving on time is essential
- Strong and demonstrable verbal and written communication skills
- Superior and demonstrable attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet deadlines
- A love for creating great documentation
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships
- Ability to follow directions and policies precisely
- Organized and self-motivated
- Knowledge and/or experience in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Applications
- General TCP/IP networking knowledge including DNS, DHCP, routing, etc.
- Smart phones/Mobile Devices – Especially iPhone/iPad or Android
Non-Required Qualifications (But we’ll think you are super cool if you have them):
Experience and/or certifications in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Microsoft Small Business Server
- Microsoft SharePoint
- VMware with VCP certification
- Citrix with CCA certification
- Apple OS X workstation and server software
- Experience with PSA and RMM tools such as ConnectWise, Automate (formerly LabTech)
- Certifications: A+
About Our Work Environment
All of our team members are based at our Flint, Michigan office, which has an open, collaborative vibe. However sometimes you’ll have to be a good sport about things like carrying heavy items, crawling under office furniture, negotiate step ladders, etc. to do your job.
It’s Not Just Work – Sometimes It’s Just Fun & Games
You could say we like a good old fashion nerf fight, and we actively endorse Friday evening happy hour. We also have a great annual holiday celebration and try to do few off-campus activities as a group (family included!) each year. And most importantly, we pride ourselves as a company with excellent camaraderie. Our employees have good things to say about working here: the coffee is good, the daily challenges are great, and we feel more like family than colleagues.
What Can You Expect?
This is a part-time position
If find yourself smiling from ear to ear, maybe even dancing inexplicably, or called your mom while reading this posting, then it’s time to apply!
To be considered, your cover letter/Introduction must include:
- A reference to the position of I.T. Service Technician (Level 1)
- A paragraph describing why you are especially well suited for this position along with your desired pay rate.
What to Expect From Our Hiring Process
- Drug Test
- Criminal background check—we just gotta do it. Peaceful protests are totally cool; serious offenses are probably not cool and will not be considered.
- We’ll need your driving history—if you have a history of dangerous driving, we may not be able to hire you.
- If you’re selected for an interview, you’ll need to provide professional references.
Thanks for your interest in working here!
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
To keep our team safe, we continue to follow safety guidelines set by the CDC. As part of our safety requirements, we will take precautions that include distancing team members, temperature scans and logging upon arrival each day & sanitation stations setup throughout building.