Service Desk Technician (Level II)
Further your career at one of the Michigan’s fastest growing Managed Services IT companies. This is the perfect position for someone who loves technology, is a great communicator, and has a natural desire to help people with their IT needs. As a Service Desk Technician, you’ll have the opportunity to gain a broader range of IT experience, hone your technical skills and work within a terrific group of professionals, all while working with some of the greatest clients a company could ask for.
Does this sound like a position you are looking for…? GREAT, read on!
Daily duties of a Service Desk Technician (Level II):
- Acting as the first point of contact when our clients need our assistance, answering incoming calls, tickets and emails in a friendly and efficient manner
- Provide and maintain an exceptional level of service by interacting with clients in a polite and professional manner, explaining technical terms in a way clients can understand and feels confident their issue is being resolved.
- Manage, track and provide solutions to reported issues in a timely fashion
- Configuration and troubleshoot client products and services as needed
- Track all reported issues within our ticketing system and document issues accordingly
- Remotely provide end-user technical support for reported issues
- Document all reported issues and resolutions in our management system
- Effectively communicate information internally and to client’s as needed
- Solve a variety of IT concerns and escalate tickets to the appropriate technicians
- Provide hardware and software problem resolution to customers per service level standards
- Pinpoint recurring technical issues and present solutions to address the root of the problems
- Follow up with customers to ensure the issue has been resolved
- Background in installing and configuring operating systems, networked and local printers, and business applications
How You Will Excel:
- Customer Service & Communication – a natural eagerness to assist others and the ability to communicate clearly
- Troubleshooting & Problem Solving – can make good decisions quickly in a dynamic environment
- Multitasking & Time Management – every hour brings new opportunities, being able to keep track of your day is critical
- Love of Learning – we want you to be successful and learn all you can about the IT world
- Ability to follow established departmental procedures, learn new tasks and readily adapt to operational changes
- Be comfortable directly supporting the end-users of small- to medium-sized businesses as their outsourced help desk
- Work individually and as a team to meet and exceed established goals and metrics.
- Drive initiatives that improve the service desk
- Partner with internal support groups in providing the best services for our client base
Your Skills and Experience:
- Technical aptitude and general experience resolving issues with Windows OS, O365, AV tools, VOIP, Active Directory, firewalls/switches, and other infrastructure requirements
- Experience working with end users, via telephone and in person, to resolve application software, system software, hardware, printing, and network issues
- Excelled in customer service positions: answering phones, emails and interacting with clients throughout an active day
- Extensive working knowledge of local area networks (cabling, installation, design, troubleshooting, TCP/IP, router configuration, file sharing, etc.)
- Comprehension of basic networking concepts
- Ability to research and analyze data and make appropriate recommendations to management and/or clients
- Consistently exceeded customer expectations through extraordinary service
- Ability to organize, multitask, and prioritize
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline required.
- 3 Years’ bare minimum experience working for a Managed Service Provider as a Helpdesk or Service Desk technician.
Structured Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We believe prosperity is driven by the diversity of our employees. We celebrate authenticity and provide a safe and inclusive environment for all. Most importantly, we look forward to reviewing your application and thank you so much for your interest in our company.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.50 per hour
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 3 years
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Rotating weekends
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Flint, MI 48507: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Help desk: 3 years (Required)
- Windows: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person