Are you a college student seeking a degree in IT and looking for employment while attending college? I think we can help…
Structured Technologies is currently seeking an honest, hardworking, enthusiastic and organized individual to join our rapidly growing company. The candidate must be a self-starter who thrives in both a team and independent work environments. They must also possess strong interpersonal skills and a solid work ethic. He or she’s purpose of the position is to serve as a first level desktop support for various industries, therefore solid troubleshooting skills are a must. Candidate will be subject to background check and must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming concerns and issues related to systems, software and hardware.
- Resolve issues for clients via phone, in person, or electronically.
- Accept inbound requests via phone, email and ticket queues.
- Track customer issues and resolutions in our ticket system.
- Experience with supporting Microsoft and Chrome operating systems.
- Experience with supporting and maintaining PC hardware: RAM/HDD upgrades, general hardware failures.
- Knowledge to configure, support and troubleshoot mainstream desktop applications like MS Outlook & MS Office, Java, Adobe Flash, etc.
- Understand fundamentals of LAN and WAN network’s and be able to deduce network connectivity issues.
- Use diagnostic techniques to resolve problems quickly.
- Basic Knowledge of network domains, add/remove network printers, have a basic understanding of the functionality of a network.
- Working Knowledge of Standardized OS and Software Deployment Packages.
- Report significant and recurring issues to the tier-2 support team.
- Collect feedback to determine patterns and issues such that they can be resolved, or FAQs can be provided to customer to ease in troubleshooting.
- Must have a pleasant personality and easy to speak to.
- Previous experience in IT, customer service, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- A+ Certification preferred, not required
- Be eager to play a key role in a winning team, and be willing to work hard, learn fast, and grow with us.
- Be passionate about delivering outstanding service to our clients.
- Be willing to actively participate in new training to improve your skills and success on the job.
- Average 20 to 40 requests per day, could be more depending on client.
- Average expected time on task between 5 to 15 minutes.
- Expected resolution rate for each call or ticket is between 60% – 90%.
- During each call or ticket, an support desk technician is expected to complete the following:
- Communicate with users to understand issues and provide known solutions
- Document and resolve each incident according to process in resolving the clients issue in our ticketing system
- Properly escalate incidents which cannot be resolved to upper level support groups according to process specifications
- Be able to juggle and prioritize multiple requests in real time with patience and positivity.
- Regularly contribute to our internal knowledgebase and take detailed notes in client invoices and trouble tickets. The importance of extensive documentation cannot be overemphasized.
Pay based upon experience and knowledge.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org