Full Job description
The Account Clerk performs a variety of clerical tasks and record keeping activities requiring some independent judgement including initiating, processing, and maintaining documents, reports, files, records, and correspondence.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts payables’ data.
- Receive, process, and, when necessary, investigate customer’s accounts payable invoices.
- Reconciles vendor statements and accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains account payable files
- Audits and verifies expenses reports
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Answer inquiries from vendors for several customers; field and resolve issues surrounding outstanding issues
- Analyze invoices for accuracy and completeness.
- Other general accounting functions as needed.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Possess a detailed understanding of accounting terminology and transactions (credits, debits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, closing, posting, etc.).
- Must have advanced computer skills in Excel as well as other Microsoft Office products.
- Must be comfortable with electronic forms of communication and storage (voicemail, e-mail, faxing, scanning).
- Must be extremely detailed oriented and organized, with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with little supervision.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
Send Resume to: email@example.com
- Monday to Friday
- QuickBooks: 2 years (Required)
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person