Founded in 2001, Structured Technologies offers managed I.T. services, telecommunications services, connectivity, and consulting for the mid-Michigan area and beyond — frankly, we help businesses stay connected.
Are you an outgoing individual who has an extensive background in I.T but you are looking for something more challenging than the day to day rut of technology? Have you always considered yourself that person who loves to provide solutions for problems but always finds yourself classified as just another tech geek?
Well, this may be your lucky day: We are looking to hire an experienced engineer with a proven track record of providing I.T. solutions for clients, who wants to move into a fulltime sales role. Applicants with a technical level 3 or higher customer service experience who enjoys working directly with clients are also encouraged to apply.
The Sales Associate position is responsible for the entire sales lifecycle. The sales person will possess a high level of technical knowledge along with proven experience in recommending services such as: Managed Network Services, Cloud Services, Disaster Recovery Services, Help Desk Services, PC Security, and other IT services to small and medium sized business.
Does this sound like you? That is AWESOME!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Provide and maintain an exceptional level of service by interacting with clients in a polite and professional manner
- Perform “frontline” communications with clients while ensuring that all issues are properly resolved, documented and assigned in a technical support ticketing system (ConnectWise Manage)
- Ensuring long-term, mutually rewarding relationships with our clients by staying active in the account
- Manage, track and provide sales solutions
- Generating revenue and meeting sales targets
- Developing and qualifying leads and prospects in tandem with our inside sales team to build optimal sales pipeline resulting is a steady stream of new clients
- Building, updating and maintaining a contact management system of prospects for managed and project IT services.
- Setting and conducting face-to-face sales presentations to gain a fuller understanding of client needs
- Perform Discovery and Client needs Analysis
- An IT aptitude and a background providing solutions that fosters reoccurring revenues.
- High energy, dynamic, motivated personality.
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills (including interpersonal, oral and written communication)
- Desire and willingness to close the deal with professional negotiation skills.
- Exceptional planning, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to develop and actively manage a sales pipeline through prospecting to exceed sales quotas.
- Aptitude to prospect net new business as well as cultivate new opportunities within existing clients.
- Desire to become subject matter expert by independently researching industry trends/best practices, networking with industry leaders, reading IT publications and understanding strengths/weakness compared to the competition.
Non-Required Qualifications (But we’ll think you are super cool if you have them):
- Experience working in a business-to-business outsourced services strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of IT Managed or Business Services experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate through all mediums (verbal, listening and written)
- Aptitude for acquiring sales skills and product knowledge
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- General business acumen
- Highly motivated, takes initiative
- Strong ability to influence and persuade others
- Wants challenge; enjoys attempting difficult tasks or goals
- Persistent and resilient; tenacious when encountering obstacles
- High degree of self-confidence
- Thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Excellent people and management skills
- Flexible attitude and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Enjoys working on teams
About Our Work Environment
All of our team members are based at our Flint, Michigan office, which has an open, collaborative vibe. However sometimes you’ll have to be a good sport about things like carrying heavy items, crawling under office furniture, negotiate step ladders, etc. to do your job.
It’s Not Just Work – Sometimes It’s Just Fun & Games
You could say we like a good old fashion nerf fight, and we actively endorse Friday evening happy hour. We also have a great annual holiday celebration and try to do few off-campus activities as a group (family included!) each year. And most importantly, we pride ourselves as a company with excellent camaraderie. Our employees have good things to say about working here: the coffee is good, the daily challenges are great, and we feel more like family than colleagues.
What Can You Expect?
This is a full-time position. Structured Technologies offers a full compensation package including health benefits. In addition you can expect:
- Flexible vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
- Rich medical benefit
- Computer and Network Hardware and Software purchase discounts
If find yourself smiling from ear to ear, maybe even dancing inexplicably, or called your mom while reading this posting, then it’s time to apply!
To be considered, your cover letter/Introduction must include:
- A paragraph describing why you are especially well suited for this position along with your desired pay rate.
What to Expect From Our Hiring Process
- Drug Test
- Criminal background check—we just gotta do it. Peaceful protests are totally cool; serious offenses are probably not cool and will not be considered.
- We’ll need your driving history—if you have a history of dangerous driving, we may not be able to hire you.
- If you’re selected for an interview, you’ll need to provide professional references.
Thanks for your interest in working here!
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
To keep our team safe, we continue to follow safety guidelines set by the CDC. As part of our safety requirements, we will take precautions that include distancing team members, temperature scans and logging upon arrival each day & sanitation stations setup throughout building.