Information Technology Technician (Level III)
The Information Technology Technician (Level III) is responsible for initial configuration of complex environments, as well as remotely managing and maintaining our end client’s networks. Ensuring client satisfaction and quieting their networks are essential in this position. This relates to all technology, including workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. You’ll be in charge of accurately documenting the performed work in a timely manner.
This position is a key contributor in the success of managing our client’s networks. Basically, you’ll need high level skills when it comes to technology and the ability to see through the noise to the root cause. In addition to acting as an escalation point to our service desk team you’ll be responsible for the initial best-practice configuration of servers, networks, and related hardware/software. We need you to be open to ideas and bring your own new ideas to the team; we offer a fun, engaging, supportive environment in which your ideas can thrive.
Does this sound like a position you are looking for… GREAT, read on!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving both Microsoft’s core business applications and Mac environments, as well as virtual environments built on Microsoft and VMware.
- Configuration and maintaining the health of Active Directory
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Desktop, Windows Server, Exchange, O365, SharePoint, etc.
- Implement and maintain disaster recovery solutions
- Configuration and implementation of security focused solutions, including Sophos XG Firewalls, BitDefender Endpoint Software
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Maintain familiarity with industry best practices
- Work with our project coordinator to maintain accurate schedules
- Document work and track time thoroughly and accurately through ConnectWise Manage
- Remotely work on clients systems with ConnectWise Automate
- Communicate effectively with customers and the service teams
- Be an organized self-starter who shows up every day, on time, ready to take on the day’s challenges
- Actively participate and contribute in team and company meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline required.
- 5 Years’ bare minimum experience working for a Managed Service Provider
- Troubleshooting & Problem Solving – can make good decisions quickly in a dynamic environment
- Strong and demonstrable verbal and written communication skills
- Superior and demonstrable attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet deadlines
- A love for creating great documentation
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships
- Ability to follow directions and policies precisely
- Organized and self-motivated
Superior knowledge or experience in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365 / Azure
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Applications
- General TCP/IP networking knowledge including DNS, DHCP, routing, etc.
- Smart phones/Mobile Devices – Especially iPhone/iPad or Android
Non-Required Qualifications (But we’ll think you are super cool if you have them):
Experience or certifications in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Citrix certification
- Apple OS X workstation and server software
- Experience with PSA and RMM tools such as ConnectWise, Automate and Control.
- Certifications: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP
About Our Work Environment
All of our team members are based at our Flint, Michigan office, which has an open, collaborative vibe. However sometimes you’ll have to be a good sport about things like carrying heavy items, crawling under office furniture, negotiate step ladders, etc. to do your job.
What Can You Expect?
This is a full-time position. Structured Technologies offers a full compensation package including health benefits. In addition you can expect:
- Flexible vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
- Medical benefit
If you find yourself smiling from ear to ear, maybe even dancing inexplicably, or called your mom while reading this posting, then it’s time to apply!
To be considered, your cover letter must include:
- A reference to the position of Information Technology Technician (Level 3)
- A paragraph describing why you are especially well suited for this position along with your desired pay rate.
What to Expect From Our Hiring Process
- Drug Test
- Criminal background check—we just gotta do it. Peaceful protests are totally cool; serious offenses are probably not cool and will not be considered.
- We’ll need your driving history—if you have a history of dangerous driving, we may not be able to hire you.
- If you’re selected for an interview, you’ll need to provide professional references.
Thanks for your interest in working here!
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Salary: $20.00 depending on qualifications
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Information Technology: 5 years bare minimum working experience
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Some Weekends
- Only full-time employees eligible
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
Send Resume to: email@example.com
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 5 years
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Rotating weekends
- Weekend availability
- Level 3 Support Technician: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: In person